Friday, January 28, 2011

Time at La Paz Sat/Sun Jan 22/23

My plan is to cross over to mainland Mexico from La Paz but the "immigration" office is closed till Monday so I decided to stay in La Paz and relax a few days. I want to spend the last of my time in South Baja on a beach, if I continue round the peninsula and back up I won't have time for the beach. I figure catching the ferry to Popalabampa on the main land (say that 100 times fast, the locals pronounce in some strange tongue, not Spanish, that only they can understand) will give me two extra days for the beach.
It's a very funny thing, you literally just drive into Baja, through a border crossing, the officials don't stop you and ask any questions, you just drive through, you have to stop and pictures are taken only. But going to the mainland is completely different, passports, temporary vehicle importation documents, tourist card document etc. It's a pain in the you no what and very time consuming going to one office for this, one office for that, paying at a bank returning with receipts, lining up at counters and waiting for it all to be processed, it's almost not worth it. It's like Europe in the 70's, worse. But once I got started I figured I may as well go through with it all. Beaches are a powerful motivator, yes.

Anyway had a very relaxing weekend stayed  at a nice clean, quite and secure motel. I just walked a lot (the walking reminded me of my Europe trip in the 70's and Buenos Aires trips with April. Watched life go by, read etc etc and ate great assada and tortillas of course. Good time.

I watched some guys skatecrashing I think it's called, Looked painful, I don't know why people do this sort of crazy sport!  I think I'll stick to motorcycles and D/Hill bikes, much safer.



No comments:

Post a Comment