Saturday, January 29, 2011

23rd Jan La Paz to Cabo Pulmo

 The ride to Cabo Pulmo National State Marine park was easy, at the Tropic of Cancer sign I stopped and it was the strangest thing, on the north side it was freezing cold (as seen in this picture).



But on the southern side of the sign, you are now in the tropics and it was uncomfortably hot! Honest. 

I spent three whole glorious days on this beach (Los Abollitos I think), There was an English couple also (we made a feast one night that was delicious) and that was it, no one else, luvely. No toilets, no water, nada, Paul would have loved it, just like Algonquin park but just a little different. During the day I raced around some great roads on my unladen bike, yee ha (Steve would have loved that). I snorkeled on amazing corral reefs right off shore literally 10 feet from the beach off the RHS of the beach, saw a 3' turtle which was nice to see because they are having a tough time surviving man apparently. Tons off cool fish that seem to come up to you to check you out. Had great walks along the shore/cliff line and of course read, slept and sun bathed. I was so happy I made the decision to do this rather than rush back up the Peninsular.

This guy thought my orange tent was the mother ship, it would not stop trying to get in. I got this great pic of it on a desert flower.

Really amazing rock formations, I have lots of volcanic origin rocks for April from this beach.



1 comment: