Friday, January 28, 2011

Bahia Conception a La Paz

January 21st. Got up early (despite the previous night with Ed and Sandra) and watched the sun come up. I have become used to packing and people coming up and chatting. At the beginning I got upset because I was in a rush to get going but now I like it very much, chatting with all kinds of different people. So now I plan two to three hours to pack up camp. After chatting and saying goodbye to Ed I got going at my new record of 10:30. I filled up both tanks so I could make it to La Paz without stopping for gas. The beginning of the ride was through mountains, spectacular views and really twisty flowing corners with the occasional hairpin turn, great I loved it, wished I was on a sport bike (sorry no pics vid only). Stopped at a pretty town called Loretto for lunch, met some friendly bikers riding Baja, pretty cool mix of bikes, Beemers, Triumph, Japanese I think anyway nice to see other bikes.  The rest of the ride was straight and boring,  By the time I got to La paz it was night and my bottom (aka bum) was killing me. Gotta do something about this seat before the long days in the saddle heading back up to Phoenix
Beautiful mountain scenery from Bahia to La Paz

La Paz Malicon (pedestrian walk) Tourists and locals alike stroll down the Malicon enjoying the sunshine, kids play, families relax, teens eye each other up and there is generally a friendly relaxed atmosphere. There´s some sort of religious parade going on in the background. 

Sunset at La Paz from the Malicon


No comments:

Post a Comment